Tuesday 10 March 2015

Crowdfunding and where I've been


I've been absent from the blogosphere recently for a variety of reasons.  I tend to take on too many projects and then struggle to juggle everything BUT it's a great way to keep learning lots of new things and expand my horizons.  My current focus is fundraising for an arts project, on a voluntary basis. 

As a result, I set up and ran my first crowdfunder for the Mirabai Project, a not for profit group of musicians, performers and composers, for an innovative show in Kent with Argentine tango dancers.  I invested a lot of time and energy into it, but just over a week before the crowdfunder ended, the crowdfunding platform went bust.  Disaster!  After upset, anger and despondency, I eventually got myself together and decided to try again with a different platform, IdeasTap.  The link is here - do check it out - you will get to see a beautiful tango for harp and dancers on the video, and any contribution is very welcome.  Do share the link if you enjoy the music. 

Thanks!

http://www.ideastap.com/crowdfunding/project/the-mirabai-project-presents-chrysanthemums

No comments:

Post a Comment