Wednesday 24 December 2014

I'm dreaming of........


When I was a horse-mad child, all I ever wanted was a pony.  I put it on my Christmas list every year and even though I knew deep down there was no way on earth my parents would ever afford to buy and keep a pony, I woke on Christmas morning hoping that a miracle would occur and my dream pony would be waiting for me in our tiny garden.

This was a dream that was never fulfilled.  As my dear late mum would say, it wasn't meant to be.
(And in the words of Joni Mitchell, "You don't know what you've got til its gone." I would give anything to have both my parents back, so I treasure every memory I have of a happy childhood).

So I started writing about pony-mad girls just like me - and in my stories, their wishes came true.

When I was a teenager, all I ever wanted was to be a full time writer.  In my head, it would be a glamorous lifestyle and I would be incredibly successful and probably famous. 

Half of my dream has come true - I am a full time writer, after 40 years of dreaming. 

Be careful what you wish for........

Related posts:
http://janeayres.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/different-chapter-same-book-power-of.html
http://janeayres.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/reflections-on-being-full-time-writer.html


I have also read a simply wonderful post by from Mariellen Ward on her blog Breathe, Dream, Go reflecting on dreams and ambitions.  Read it here: http://breathedreamgo.com/2014/12/stumbling-road-dreams/

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Jane :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great xmas, Deborah and best wishes for 2015!

      Delete