Wednesday 18 January 2012

Event for writers at Sussex University 20-22 January

I have just come across what looks like an interesting event for readers and writers taking place this weekend at Sussex University.  I'm a Sussex alumni but I found out about this by accident, yesterday, when I was having coffee and cake in a new cafe in Folkestone called Batt and Berg.  I was enjoying their lovely banana and chocolate loaf and Guinness parkin when I came across an article in a copy of the Guardian lying on the table. My lunchtime read of Marcus Aurelius Meditations was quickly put to one side to scan what is my favourite newspaper (although I rarely buy papers these days).  Anyway, the event looks good so I thought I would share it with you.  It's called First Fictions and launches 20-22 January and celebrates first novels by new and established writers, with author talks, workshops and an academic conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment