Sunday 18 August 2013

The Vision and the Voice Part 1 at Creatabot

Today I'm over at the brilliant arts webzine Creatabot, discussing the writer's voice - what it is and how it evolves (or not!)  - and drawing comparisons with the singing voice.

"If I admire a writer, it will be for two reasons.  Firstly, their vision and the ideas expressed and explored.  I came to sci-fi late in life but I am astonished by, and drawn to, visionaries such as Asimov and Philip K. Dick and their prophecies.  Secondly, I am attracted to elements of style, structure and craft.  Sarah Waters, Lydia Davis, Mark Haddon, Frank Cottrell Boyce are wonderful examples.  You don’t always find vision and execution in the same piece of work but when you do, it is sheer joy....."

(Click link to read on)
http://creatabot.co.uk/2013/08/13/the-vision-and-the-voice-part-1-by-jane-ayres/

No comments:

Post a Comment